page tells you more information about Mongolian visa or visas
of Mongolia. Mongolian visa is not required by every tourist visiting the country, as due to some mutual agreements citizens of several countries need no Mongolian visa. If you are taking a Selena Travel tour your Mongolian visa invitation's included in your Mongolia package tour.
For those not travelling with Selena Travel, Solid Ways travel agency (a Selena Travel subsidiary) serves you with Mongolian visa support, helps you get a visa of Mongolia or official invitation for Mongolian
How to Get Mongolian Visa
representatives abroad and Honorary counsels of Mongolia have
the rights to issue to foreign citizens Mongolian visas. No
official or private invitation is needed for a foreign citizen
(except the citizens of Russia and China) applying for a Mongolian
visa, If the duration of the visitors' stay does not exceed
Mongolian Visa will be issued within 24 hours.
- Citizens of Poland, Kazakhstan, do not require a visa for a visit not exceeding three month
- Citizens of Malaysia, Israel, do not need a visa for visit not exceeding one month.
- Citizens of Philippines are allowed to enter Mongolia for a visit not exceeding three weeks.
- Citizens of Singapore do not need a visa for visit not exceeding two weeks.
- Citizens of People`s Republic of China, Vietnam, Bulgaria and Romania, who has diplomatic and
- service passports, do not require a visa for visits to Mongolia.
- Citizens of Russia, Laos, Yugoslavia, Czech, Slovak who has diplomatic and service passports,
- do not require a visa for visits not exceeding three months.
- Citizens of Democratic People`s Republic of Korea and Republic of Korea, Thailand, Hungary, Turkey, who has diplomatic and service passports, do not need a visa for visits not exceeding one month.
- All types of USA passport holders do not need a visa for 90 days
List of countries without visa fee:
- India - All type of passports need a visa, no visa fees required
- USA- no visa for all type of passport holders, including A, H, J visas within 90 days.
Visit more than 90 days need visa, service charge - $131, no visa fee required
Foreign nationals from other countries, which have no agreement
on relaxing visa regime on the basis of reciprocity wishing
to pay a visit to Mongolia for more than 30 days, should have
an official or private invitation. The addresses where you
can obtain visas Embassies, Missions and Consuls.
Follow the following steps and requirements to obtain
a Mongolian visa from your nearest Mongolian Embassy:
- One copy of visa application form is required for Mongolian
- State clearly travel dates
- A valid passport must be produced
- For a group visa the Consular Section needs only passport
of a tour leader and the rest of the clients should provide
the following (nationality, sex, date of birth, passport
number, date of issue, expiry date).
- 3 recent passport size photo(3x4) should be attached.
- Self-addressed and registered Envelope is required in
case visa applied by post.
All visas, except transit are issued by the
Embassy. The normal time required for a visa of Mongolia to
be processed is one week. But for a transit visa - 48 hours
without any authorizations.
The standard charge for a tourist visa is ~US$45 for single entry and US$60 per person for double entry visa, if you obtain the visa in advance. If you
require the visa of Mongolia urgently or if you obtain your
visa at the border points, you will need to pay US$105 per person.
Please note that the visa regulations have recently changed.
It is now NOT possible to get visas at Mongolian borders or
at the airport upon arrival.
There have also been changes recently to Police Registration
procedures. You are advised to find out up-to-date details
from your Embassy or Consulate in advance.
Where Mongolian Embassies?
Mongolia has over 50 Embassies,
Consulates, Permanent Missions, Trade Missions and Honorary
Consulates. See addresses
of Mongolian Embassies.